When I’m installing a fresh WordPress site one of the first things I do is install my Must Have Plugins.
Top 10 Must Have Plugins
- Akismet: it is installed by default but you will need to set it up with a valid WordPress Api key. It will block all spammers, just great.
- All in One SEO Pack: some developers don’t like this plugins but it’s lovely. You can customize all titles, keywords and metadescriptins from post, pages, home… You can block index the categories, tags…
- Contact Form 7: you’ll need a contact form. This is your plugin. Fast easy and functional.
- Dagon Design Sitemap Generator: I do belive it’s really good for SEO to have a HTML sitemap. It works for users like Archives and give you internal links.
- Google XML Sitemaps: I talked about it before. You must have it and send it to WebMaster tools of Google.
- PuSHPress: if you want to post in real time this is your plugin. Just activate it and relax.
- SEO Smart Links: some SEO experts maybe will not agree with me but I think this plugin save you time. It creates you internal SEO links in your posts and pages.
- Subscribe To Comments: let your readers subscribe to comments. Must have it.
- W3 Total Cache: and also talked about it in the past. Best cache plugin ever.
- WP-DBManager: you need to backup your database. Install this plugin, set it up with daily e-mails and don’t worry anymore.
- Yet Another Related Posts Plugin: this one is the less important but a must have if you’re building a WordPress blog.
Do you have an others Must Have Plugins for WordPress?